The Associate Degree Nursing Program at Mississippi Delta Community College offers an option for Licensed Practical Nurses to complete the RN program in 12 months by enrolling in an accelerated track.
- Current LPN license
- Worked as an LPN for a minimum of one year with acceptable academic and work references
- ACT score of 16 or above
- Taken an entrance exam
- Completion of the following courses with a C average (2.0) or above:
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II (BIO 2513/2511 & 2523/2521) within the last 5 years
- Nutrition (FCS 1253)
- Microbiology (BIO 2923/2921) within the last 5 years
- Have no more than 9 hours of non-nursing courses to complete
- Acceptable criminal background check, as required by Mississippi State Law
- Satisfactory pre-admission physical exam and drug screen
- One academic (from LPN instructor) and one personal reference form
- Applicants into the LPN Accelerated Track are subject to the admission requirements as listed under "Requirements for Admission."
Qualified LPN's who are admitted to the Accelerated Track Program will take a summer accelerated track course. After successfully completing the summer course, the student may enter the sophomore class the following fall semester. LPN's applying for the Accelerated Track must have completed all non-nursing science courses (Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Microbiology, and Nutrition) up to the sophomore year. Students can only lack 9 hours of other non-nursing courses.
Refer to the MDCC Catalog/Student Handbook for Accelerated Track Curriculum.
When the application is available, the link located below will be active. Application packets are available in November. During the months of March through October, information may be reviewed on the website. Applications will only be available November through February.
Call Denise Gardner, ADN Program Director, at 662-246-6410 to discuss eligibility questions or other concerns.
Our generic, 2-year RN program is also available to LPN's as well as other interested individuals.
For further information, contact
Denise Gardner, Director
Angie Cather, Administrative Support