Thanks, in part, to the Internet, new avenues of learning are empowering people to pursue academic degrees and areas of study previously unavailable to them. The growth of "non-traditional" groups of students - working adults, commuters, distance education learners, and under-prepared students - has spurred demand for non-traditional methods of learning.
Mississippi Delta Community College, in an effort to enhance the mission of the institution and better serve its community, has drawn on technology resources heretofore unavailable to our students. Our Office of e-Learning coordinates and administers the development and delivery of Internet based courses which provide alternate and flexible means for the student to achieve their educational goals and be competitive in the global marketplace.
Our eLearning staff is on-hand to meet your distance learning educational needs Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. You can reach our office by phone at any of the following numbers listed below or you can find us on the MS Delta campus. Our office is located in Horton 129B.
Protocol for Resolution of Grievances
If it is a TECHNICAL issue:
- related to Canvas – contact the eLearning Staff
- related to My Banner – email:
If it is related to the content of a class:
- Contact your instructor:
- If you are not satisfied, you may contact the Division Chair for that class:
· Math/Science – Debbie Gantz: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Health Sciences – Patti Livingston: email@example.com
· College Prep – Dawn Herring: firstname.lastname@example.org
· English – Mary Ruth Brindley: email@example.com
· Humanities – Allyson Price: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fine Arts - Wallace Mallette: email@example.com
· Business – Carol Walden: firstname.lastname@example.org
· HPER - Burnadette McDonald: email@example.com
· Career Technical - Martha Claire Drysdale: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to take your issue further, contact the VP of Instruction, Ms. Carol Walden
· email: email@example.com
· phone: 662-246-6317