19 Aug 2017

MDCC evacuated dorm due to report of smoke in building

Hargett-Lee Hall was briefly evacuated after smoke was detected in the women's residence hall Saturday evening. Smoke originated from a laundry room and was coming from an overloaded washer.

Housing personnel responded quickly to evacuate the dormitory and no one was injured. Students were temporarily relocated to the Vandiver Student Union while officials cleared lingering smoke from the building.

Mississippi Delta Community College's Campus Police Department and the Office of Student Services responded to the building and were assisted by the Moorhead Fire Department.

Students were allowed to return to their rooms that evening.

| Media Contact: D. Reed Abraham, Assoc. VP for Advancement & Public Relations, Mississippi Delta Community College. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. |

[top]