Main Content Section
Civil Rights Compliance
Non-Discrimination Notification (Short Form)
The short form is to be used on administrative forms, event flyers and promotional literature (including but not limited to pamphlets, posters, etc.).
Mississippi Delta Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or veteran status in its educational programs and activities or in its employment practices. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Steven Jones, Vice President of Administrative and Student Services, Stauffer-Wood Administration Building, Suite 119, Office 123, P. O. Box 668, Moorhead, MS 38761, 662-246-6304; EEOC@msdelta.edu.
Non-Discrimination Notification (Long Form)
The long form is to be used on materials including, but not limited to, the student handbook, professional development and training materials.
In compliance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 of the Higher Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 and other applicable Federal and State Acts, Mississippi Delta Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or veteran status in its educational programs and activities or in its employment practices. The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these policies: EEOC Compliance/Non-Discrimination: Dr. Steven Jones, Vice President of Administrative and Student Services; 662.246.6304 or EEOC@msdelta.edu. Title IX: Derrick Fields, Dean of Student Services, 662.246.6444 or titleIX@msdelta.edu. Disability Support Services: Nakeshia Fipps, Counseling and Disability Support Services Coordinator, 662.246.6361 or ADAcompliance@msdelta.edu. The mailing address for the above-named representatives is P.O. Box 668, Moorhead, MS 38761.
What regulations are included in OCR?
- Title VI (race, color, national origin)
- Title VII (employment practices)
- Title IX (sex/gender)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
- Vocational Education Program Guidelines (race, color, national origin, sex, disability)
- Section 504 (disability)
- Title II (disability)
- ANSI (facility accessibility requirements)
- UFAS (facility accessibility requirements)
- ADAAG (facility accessibility requirements)
- ADA (accessibility requirements)
Who are MDCC’s coordinators and assigned persons responsible for coordinating OCR regulations on the campus?
Dr. Ben Cloyd, VP of Effectiveness and Enrollment
- Serves as OCR Audit Contact
- Coordinates OCR Audits for the Campus
Dr. Steven Jones, VP of Administrative and Student Services
- Serves as EEOC Compliance Officer
- Handles inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies
- Receives possible employee and public EEOC violations or complaints
- Has a separate line for EEOC and Non-Discrimination inquiries (662-246-6558)
Dean of Student Services
- Serves as Title IX Coordinator
- Implements procedures for students and employees pursuant to the Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment policies.
- Receives student and employee sexual and gender-based harassment complaints
- Receives non-instructional and discrimination complaints from students **Note: The VP for Instruction receives general instructional complaints
Ms. Waunita Roberts Jones, Director of Human Resources
- Serves as Employee Disability Services Contact
- Coordinates disability services for employees
Ms. Nakeshia Fipps, Associate Dean of Student Services
- Serves as Disability Support Services Coordinator
- Serves as a liaison between students and faculty/staff
- Coordinates disability and testing services for students
Accreditation & Civil Rights Compliance
Location & Contact Information
|Dr. Ben Cloyd||OCR Audit Contact||Stauffer-Wood Administration Building - Suite 140, Office 142 662-246-6256 email@example.com|
|Dr. Steven Jones||EEOC Compliance Officer||Stauffer-Wood Administration Building | Suite 119 | Office 123 662-246-6304 EEOC@msdelta.edu|
|Dean of Student Services||Title IX Coordinator||Vandiver Student Union/Student Services Office 662-246-6444 titleIX@msdelta.edu|
|Ms. Waunita Roberts Jones||Employee Disability Services||Stauffer-Wood Administration Building, Office 144 662-246-6390 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Nakeshia Fipps||Disability Support Services Coordinator||Student Success Center of Learning - Stanny-Sanders Library 662-246-6361 ADAcompliance@msdelta.edu|