Main Content Section
Civil Rights Compliance
Non-Discrimination Notification (Short Form)
The short form is to be used on administrative forms, event flyers, and promotional literature (including but not limited to pamphlets, posters, etc.).
Mississippi Delta Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or veteran status in its educational programs and activities or in its employment practices. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Steven J. Jones, Vice President of Administrative Services, Tanner Hall, Suite 202, P. O. Box 668, Moorhead, MS 38761, 662-246-6304; EEOC@msdelta.edu.
Non-Discrimination Notification (Long Form)
The long form is to be used on materials including, but not limited to, the student handbook, professional development and training materials.
In compliance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 of the Higher Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 and other applicable Federal and State Acts, Mississippi Delta Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or veteran status in its educational programs and activities or in its employment practices. The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these policies: EEOC Compliance/Non-Discrimination: Steven J. Jones, Vice President of Administrative Services; 662.246.6304 or EEOC@msdelta.edu. Title IX: Dr. Ed Rice, Vice President of Student Services, 662.246.6444 or titleIX@msdelta.edu. Disability Support Services: Nakeshia Fipps, Counseling and Disability Support Services Coordinator, 662.246.6361 or ADAcompliance@msdelta.edu. The mailing address for the above-named representatives is P.O. Box 668, Moorhead, MS 38761.
What regulations are included in OCR?
- Title VI (race, color, national origin)
- Title VII (employment practices)
- Title IX (sex/gender)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
- Vocational Education Program Guidelines (race, color, national origin, sex, disability)
- Section 504 (disability)
- Title II (disability)
- ANSI (facility accessibility requirements)
- UFAS (facility accessibility requirements)
- ADAAG (facility accessibility requirements)
- ADA (accessibility requirements)
Who are MDCC’s coordinators and assigned persons responsible for coordinating OCR regulations on the campus?
Steven Jones, VP for Administrative Services
- Serves as OCR Coordinator
- Coordinates OCR Compliance for the Campus
- Handles inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies
- Has a separate line for OCR inquiries (662-246-6558)
Dr. Edward Rice II, VP for Student Services
- Serves as Title IX Coordinator
- Implements procedures for students and employees pursuant to the Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment policies.
- Receives student and employee sexual and gender-based harassment complaints
- Receives non-instructional and discrimination complaints from students **Note: The VP for Instruction receives general instructional complaints
Ms. Carla Johnson, Director of Human Resources
- Serves as Employee Disability Services & EEOC Contact
- Coordinates disability services for employees
- Receives possible employee and public EEOC violations or complaints, such as race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age
Ms. Nakeshia Fipps, Counseling and Disability Support Services Coordinator
- Serves as Disability Support Services Coordinator
- Serves as a liaison between students and faculty/staff
- Coordinates disability and testing services for students
Accreditation & Civil Rights Compliance
Location & Contact Information
|Mr. Steven Jones||OCR Coordinator||Tanner Building, Suite 202 662-246-6304 EEOC@msdelta.edu|
|Dr. Edward Rice II||Title IX Coordinator||Vandiver Student Union/Student Services Office 662-246-6444 titleIX@msdelta.edu|
|Ms. Carla Johnson||Employee Disability Services & EEOC Contact||Boggs-Scroggins/Human Resources Office 662-246-6390 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Nakeshia Fipps||Disability Support Services Coordinator||Student Success Center of Learning - Stanny-Sanders Library 662-246-6361 ADAcompliance@msdelta.edu|