Main Content Section
Frequently Asked Questions
(FAQs for Students)
Students must know how to log on to Student Email and MyBanner and should be checking them frequently. Student email is how instructors communicate with students, how campus-wide announcements are communicated with students, where they will be contacted regarding debit cards for financial aid refunds, etc. MyBanner is where they can check their financial aid status, check their student accounts, see what their student email address is, make payments online, etc.
- Click the My Banner link on the MDCC website (www.msdelta.edu)
- Click Enter Secure Area.
- Log on with your Banner user ID and password. If you do not know your Banner ID number, you can use your SSN (do not key the dashes). Your initial password is set to your six digit date of birth (MMDDYY format). Upon logging on the first time, your password will expire and you will be forced to change it to something more secure. Passwords may contain letters and numbers, and must be at least 6 positions but not more than 15 positions in length.
- Click the Login button.
- Upon logging in the first time, it is highly recommended that you set a security question
in case you ever need to use the "Forgot PIN?" function.
- To set up your security question, click the Personal Information tab.
- Click Change Security Question.
- Enter your current PIN number in the box that says Please Confirm Your Pin.
- You can either select an existing question and supply an answer, or you can enter your own question and answer.
- Click Submit button.
**If you don’t remember your MyBanner password/PIN or you can’t log on to MyBanner, please enter your ID # (or SSN) & then click the “Forgot PIN?” link. You will be prompted to answer your security question and reset your own password/PIN.
- Click the My Banner log-in link on the MDCC (www.msdelta.edu)
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Log on with your SSN and Password (default is your six digit DOB in MMDDYY format)
- Click the Login button
- Click on Student
- Click on Registration
- Click on Registration Status
- Your Banner ID # is located to the left of your name at the top right corner of the page. Example: D00012345
- Log in to My Banner using your student ID number and password.
- Click on the Personal Information tab and then click the View Email Addresses link.
- Your student email account should be displayed. Student email accounts consist of a user name followed by "@student.msdelta.edu"
- Go to the MDCC main website at www.msdelta.edu
- Click on Canvas under Shortcuts on the left side of the screen.
- Log in to Canvas using the following:
- Username: Your Banner ID # (you cannot use your SSN for Canvas)
- Password: Your six digit date of birth (MMDDYY format)
Have problems or questions?
If you have problems or questions related to your admission status, grades, or transcripts, please contact the Office of Admissions & Records at 662.246.6306.
If you have problems or questions about your Financial Aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 662.246.6263 or 662.246.6310.
If you have problems or questions about your student account, financial aid refunds, please contact the Business Office at 662.246.6312.
If you have problems or questions concerning online classes or Canvas, please contact the Office of eLearning at 662.246.6319 or 662.246.6341 or email email@example.com.
If you have technical problems with MyBanner or Student Email, contact Information Technology at 662.246.6330 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You MUST provide your Banner ID number, last four digits of your SSN, DOB, full name and a thorough description of your problem or what you need assistance with.