Main Content Section
TRAIN for a job while earning your High School Equivalency Diploma!
BLENDS GED or HiSET prep with college-level courses.
COMPLETE the program in one semester, or 15 credit hours, and be ready for the workforce or continue for advanced training.
Successful completion gives you
- High School Equivalency Diploma
- 15 hours of career-technical or health science college credit hours
- Industry certification: National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) on specific programs
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- Smart Start credential
- Career-Technical Education Program Pathways include:
- Administrative Office Technology
- Automotive Mechanics Technology
- Construction Equipment Operation
- Culinary Arts Technology (Greenwood)
- Drafting & Design Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Health Care Assistant (CNA)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Precision Manufacturing and Machining Technology
- Workforce Program Pathways include:
- CDL Permit Preparation
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Electrical Utility Linemen
- Manufacturing Skills Basic
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Adults, age 18 and older (17 year olds must have approval), with no high school diploma and adults eligible to enroll in the Adult Education program and college coursework
- Mississippi residents
If you would like to find out if you qualify for the MIBEST program, please call Allison Brady at 662-246-6408.
MIBEST students will be assigned a navigator while they are in the program. The purpose of the navigator is to help you succeed in school. The navigator will serve as your main point of contact while you are in the program. The navigator will help you:
- Enroll in MIBEST
- Apply for financial aid (for those who qualify)
- Apply for an individual Training Account (for those who apply)
- Apply for MIBEST scholarships
- Register for the right courses for the job you want
- Develop plans for your academic and career goals
- Create a resume
- Initiate job search activities
- Gain training services
- Complete career exploration and counseling
- Obtain job referral
Tuition for MIBEST is the same as any other college course at MDCC. Financial aid and MIBEST scholarships are available to those who qualify. The MIBEST navigator can help you determine program cost and if you qualify for scholarships.
Ready to Start?
Sign up for the MIBEST program today!
For more information, please call 662-246-6408.