Main Content Section
Re-Admissions & Student Transfers
Students seeking readmission into the PTA program must inform the program director, in writing, of his/her desires to be readmitted.
A student may be considered for readmission to a specific health science program one time only. This applies to courses in any respective health science program, whether at MDCC or at another institution. The only exception may be: a student who has a passing grade in the classroom and clinical setting, but was forced to withdraw due to illness, accident, pregnancy, or family crisis may be considered for a second readmission.
Each student requesting readmission into a health science program will be considered on an individual basis. Space must be available in the class and clinical setting. No precedent will be set by the decision of an admissions committee.
At the direction of the Dean of Health Sciences with the recommendation of the Admission Committee, a student requesting readmission to a health science program may be required to take a challenge exam to assess placement. It may be necessary for the applicant to repeat courses.
Please refer to the program specific polices as outlined in the program's Student Handbook.
Students seeking to transfer credit from another PTA Program are considered on an individual basis according to the health science readmission or transfer policies. Program accreditation guidelines regarding class size will be a consideration.
The acceptance of transfer students into health science courses is based upon the following:
- space available in the specific course being requested; and
- evaluation of the applicant’s college transcript and course material including:
- appropriate grades in all course work being considered for transfer;
- comparable content, semester hours, and clinical experiences in courses being considered for transfer;
- letter documenting good standing from administrator of the transferring program;
- ability to meet all MDCC requirements for graduation; and
- ability of the program to stay within enrollment/class size guidelines for accreditation.
Please refer to the program specific policies as outlined in the program's Student Handbook.