Main Content Section
Application & Procedure
Applicants must have the following documents on file in the Health Sciences office by April 1st to be considered for admission to the Radiologic Technology Program:
- MDCC application for admission or readmission
- MDCC application to the Radiologic Technology Program
- An official high school transcript from an approved high school or high school equivalency test score (GED or HiSET), if not previously enrolled in college
- An official college transcript from all colleges previously and presently attending
- ACT score
- TEAS Entrance test score
Students are encouraged to submit all parts of the application well in advance of the deadline. Turning in an application on the last day may result in the application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for admission.
When the application is available, the link located below will be active.
No applicant will be considered unless the minimum admission requirements are met. Admission requirements are evaluated by the use of a rating scale (see sample rating scale), which includes ACT scores, GPA, entrance test scores, previous degrees awarded, healthcare background/experience, and performance on core courses. All applicants are considered on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. The number of applicants accepted is limited due to the nature of the program.
All applicants will be notified by letter of their conditional acceptance or non-acceptance to the program. If an applicant is selected for the program, they will receive a conditional acceptance letter with specific instructions regarding all requirements that must be completed prior to August admission. These requirements are listed below:
- Completion of Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 2513/2511) and Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO
2523/2521) with a grade of "C" or better during the summer session or regular session
prior to the admission to the RT program.
- NOTE: A&P I and II must be completed within the last 5 years
- Completion of Fundamentals of Radiology (RGT 1213) with a grade of "C" or better during the summer session or regular session prior to admission to the RT program.
- Satisfactory completion of AHA-BLS Provider CPR course taught during the summer.
- Satisfactory completion of Math (MAT 1102) during the summer, if indicated by entrance test scores.
- Satisfactory background check performed by our office.
- Acceptable pre-admission drug screen performed by our office.
- Health Exam form completed and signed by a licensed health care provider.
- A 2-step TB skin test is required for all new entering students. The 2nd step must
be completed within 21 days of 1st step.
- The exception is if a returning student has had a negative TB skin test within the last 12 months. This student will only require a 1-step TB skin test.
- A stamped/signed Form 121 Immunization Record must be submitted. Shots required include:
- Tdap booster within the last 10 years
- Series of 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Series of 2 MMR vaccinations
- Proof of Varicella immunity (either by series of 2 Varicella vaccinations OR Positive Varicella Titer)
- Flu shot (given only during flu season before October 1st)
To view the Rating Scale for Radiology applicants, please click here.