Main Content Section
Application & Procedure
Applicants must have the following documents on file in the Health Sciences office by April 1st to be considered for admission to the Radiologic Technology Program:
- MDCC application for admission or readmission
- MDCC application to the Radiologic Technology Program
- An official high school transcript from an approved high school or high school equivalency test score (GED or HiSET), if not previously enrolled in college
- An official college transcript from all colleges previously and presently attending
- ACT score
- TEAS Entrance test score
Students are encouraged to submit all parts of the application well in advance of the deadline. Turning in an application on the last day may result in the application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for admission.
Application packets are usually active December 1 - March 31. The deadline to apply is April 1. When the application is available, the link located below will be active.
- ALL Applicants must FIRST log on to the MDCC website at www.msdelta.edu to submit an online application for
admission/readmission to the school. Please click the APPLY button on the home page of the website and complete all required fields. No applicant
will be considered for admission into a health science program without first applying
to MDCC. You may receive future correspondence from the Office of Admissions regarding
your admissions status to MDCC.
- If you attended MDCC previously, but are not currently enrolled, you will need to complete this step first.
- If you are currently enrolled at MDCC, you DO NOT need to do this step.
- E-Script or mail OFFICIAL transcripts to the MDCC Office of Admission. All transcripts must be on file by April 1.
- Submit ACT scores to the MDCC Office of Admission. (*NOTE* ACT scores are NOT recorded on transcripts from colleges or universities. It is the student’s responsibility to submit these scores.)
- Print and Complete the “Radiologic Technology Application” when it is active. Fill out ALL information. Do not leave any question blank.
- Register to take the TEAS entrance test. You must register for this test online at www.atitesting.com (instructions are found on the last page of the application packet). The TEAS test can be taken at another location, but must be taken prior to April 1st AND must be sent to us directly from ATI, not the student.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that all necessary information has been received. This may be done via email at email@example.com. If all information is not received by the deadline, the applicant will not be considered for admission into the program.
- All applicants will be notified by letter of conditional acceptance or non-acceptance by the middle of April. Letters of conditional acceptance will include information regarding a required orientation in mid-June.
No applicant will be considered unless the minimum admission requirements are met. Admission requirements are evaluated by the use of a rating scale (see sample rating scale), which includes ACT scores, GPA, entrance test scores, previous degrees awarded, healthcare background/experience, and performance on core courses. All applicants are considered on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. The number of applicants accepted is limited due to the nature of the program.
All applicants will be notified by letter of their conditional acceptance or non-acceptance to the program. If an applicant is selected for the program, they will receive a conditional acceptance letter with specific instructions regarding all requirements that must be completed prior to August admission. These requirements are listed below:
- Completion of Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 2513/2511) and Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO 2523/2521) with a grade of "C" or better during the summer session or regular session prior to the admission to the RT program. NOTE: A&P I and II must be completed within the last 5 years
- Completion of Fundamentals of Radiology (RGT 1213) with a grade of "C" or better during the summer session or regular session prior to admission to the RT program.
- Satisfactory completion of AHA-BLS Provider CPR course taught during the summer.
- Satisfactory completion of Math (MAT 1102) during the summer, if indicated by entrance test scores.
- Satisfactory background check performed by our office.
- Acceptable pre-admission drug screen performed by our office.
- Health Exam form completed and signed by a licensed health care provider.
- A 2-step TB skin test is required for all new entering students. The 2nd step must
be completed within 21 days of 1st step.
- The exception is if a returning student has had a negative TB skin test within the last 12 months. This student will only require a 1-step TB skin test.
- A stamped/signed Form 121 Immunization Record must be submitted. Shots required include:
- Tdap booster within the last 10 years
- Series of 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Series of 2 MMR vaccinations
- Proof of Varicella immunity (either by series of 2 Varicella vaccinations OR Positive Varicella Titer)
- Flu shot (given only during flu season before October 1st)